Welcome to Galveston County Historical Museum
Museum Home Page

Museum Home Page  

Museum History  

Curator's Corner  

Education

Workshop  

Press Room  

Community Histories  

Galveston County  Historical Commission  

Contact Us  

111847 Visitors  

Crystal Beach
 
Part of the area that became Crystal Beach was once a railroad and mail route stop named Patton, or Patton Beach. The post office operated under that name from 1989-1900. Local residents were ranchers, and many summer homes were also built there for part-time residents. In the early 1940s, the railroad closed and the community adopted the new name of Crystal Beach.

Santa Fe train at Patton, 1908
From the Melanie Wiggins Collection, courtesy of Ora Fredericksen